Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer Book Review



 Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer #1
Rating: 5/5 Stars

“You want me as much as I want you. And all I want is you."
My tongue warred with my mind. "Today," I whispered.
Noah stood slowly, his body skimming mine as he rose. "Today. Tonight. Tomorrow. Forever.”

When I went into this book, I didn’t really know much about it. I only had the very vague summary on the back to go from. I figured that since everybody seemed to like it, it would be good. But it was better than good, this book was perfect. It is so mysterious and intriguing that I had a really hard time trying to put it down. I loved most of the characters and loved the romance aspect to it. It was really unforgettable.

Since when I went into it, I didn’t know much and I feel like it might be better that way, so my summary is going to be very vague. The main character is Mara Dyer and she has no clue what is happening to her. She is in a really awful accident in her old home town, where her best friend and boy friend are killed. A building clasped on them and Mara was the only was to survive.

Her family moves to Florida to get away from all of the trauma. Mara starts seeing things that can’t be there and starts to really freak out. At her new school she doesn’t have many friends except for unique, nerdy Jamie. She meets Noah, a mysterious beautiful boy who seems to have a thing for her. All while, Mara is really losing her mind.

Mara is a really great heroine. She is smart, nice, and really strong based on her situation. I absolutely love Noah. He is just so amazing and a great character. Jamie is super funny and nice. Mara’s brother Daniel seems like the best brother ever. But I do have to say that I really didn’t like her parents at all. They are just over protective and they think that they are helping Mara but they really aren’t. They are just annoying.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer is in my favorites for sure.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm