Friday, June 20, 2014

City of Heavenly Fire Book Review




 Title: City of Heavenly Fire
 Author: Cassandra Clare
 Series: Mortal Instruments #6
 Rating: 5/5 Stars
 Bookshelves on Goodreads: have-high-hopes-for, books-i-own, favorites, book-boyfriends, blood-everywhere, damaged-guys, angels, werewolves, romance, my-emotions-i-cannot, vampires, love-the-cover, witches-and-fairies

“Freely we serve
Because we freely love, as in our will
To love or not; in this we stand or fall.”


(slight spoilers if you haven't read the rest of the series)
There is no amount of words that can sum up my feels right now. It's so bitter sweet because I LOVED this but the SERIES IS OVER! The Mortal Instruments is so far my third favorite series of all time behind VA and Bloodlines. Saying this, COHF was also my favorite book of the series. It had so much action, romance, funny moments, drama, and tears. It took me two weeks to read, just because it was so overwhelming to read.

COHF starts right after COLS ends. Sebastian stars to turn more shadow hunters into dark shadow hunters, in his persuit to rule the world. And the Clave isn't doing shit about it. Jace gets it.

"The Clave has a collective intelligence of a pineapple."

So shadow hunters are made to come to Alicante to prepare for war. When a great betrayal takes place against the Clave, Clary and her friends take it into their hands to stop the destruction of the world.

Can we just take about how far Clary has come? She has always been a brave character but in COHF she showed a huge amount of strength. She was taking the shots and even got her own sword. May I just say that she was BA.


“There are a hundred trillion cells in the human body, and every single one of the cells of my body loves you. We shed cells, and grow new ones, and my new cells love you more than the old ones, which is why I love you more every day than I did the day before. It’s science. And when I die and they burn my body and I become ashes that mix with the air, and part of the ground and the trees and the stars, everyone who breathes that air or sees the flowers that grow out of the ground or looks up at the stars will remember you and love you, because I love you that much.”

Clary and Jace's relationship got deeper and deeper. They are just so damn cute together. (Even though Jace is MINE, back off Clary)The rest of the relationships were adorable as well (Simon & Isabelle and Magnus & Alec)

I think that the best part of this book was that it was so fucking funny. Proof:

“I did not make a pie,” Alec repeated, gesturing expressively with one hand, “for three reasons. One, because I do not have any pie ingredients. Two, because I don’t actually
know how to make a pie.”
He paused, clearly waiting.
Removing his sword and leaning it against the cave wall, Jace said warily, “And three?”
“Because I am not your bitch,” Alec said, clearly pleased with himself.”


oh and..

“I think they’ll probably put that on my gravestone. ‘He Was Heterosexual and Had Low Expectations." Jace said.

And we can't forget this..

“You're pining," said Jace.
Alec shrugged. "Look who's talking. 'oh I love her. Oh, she's my sister. Oh why, why, why—”


This was the perfect end to a brilliant series. I am sad to see the end of it, but look forward to more of Cassandra Clare's books.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm