Saturday, July 12, 2014

Fandom Cosmetics Nephilim Collection Swatches


Today I am going to fan girl all over this blog. Why is that? Well I finally got my bottles of the Fandom Cosmetics Nephilim collection! The Nephilim collection is inspired by the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare (aka one of my favorite book series ever). You can my reviewes on my Book Reviews tab. It consists of 4 glitters with clear bases.

I'm just going to take about the formulas here instead of individually, because they are basically all the same. The amount of glitter in these are perfect. I had to use two or one coats to get the desired effect. They were pretty thick though, so I would go with thinner coats if I was you. All of the glitter pieces were perfect and great. Overall I am really impressed!

Now lets get to the good part! 















Adamas from the Iron Sisters:

Adamas from the Iron Sisters is a clear glitter topper with medium sized black, silver, copper, and blue glitters. Adamas is a type of metal that shadowhunters use for their steles. The Iron Sisters are a group of shadowhunters who make their weapons and steles. So I personally really like the color combo in this polish. I do think that it could use a little something else, because they are all the same shape and size. I used 2 coats over NYC Skyline Blue.




Morningstar:

Morningstar is a clear glitter topper with red, green, and silver medium sized glitter. Clary's last name is Morgenstern and that means Morningstar. So this polish is inspired by Clary. I really adore this polish but like Adamas from the Iron Sisters, I believe that it is a little boring. Just like one more shape or sized glitter would make it perfect. I used two coats over Essie Turquoise & Caicos.




To Love is to Destroy:

To Love is to Destroy is a clear based glitter topper with super small blue glitter, medium sized black, gold, & holographic silver glitter. In The City of Bones, Jace tells us a story about his dad and how he taught that to love is to destroy. So then Jace grows a colder heart and protects himself from pain. “The boy never cried again, and he never forgot what he'd learned: that to love is to destroy, and that to be loved is to be the one destroyed.” So this polish is inspired by Jace. This is my second favorite, it is just so perfect and makes me fangirl like crazy every time I wear it. I used one coat over NYC Black Velvet.




My Magificent Self:

My Magificent Self is a clear glitter topper with hexagonal gold glitter, spherical green glitter, and black diamond glitter. Well hello beautiful. This has got to be one of my top favorite polishes, ever. Not only is it beautiful, but it is inspired by Magnus! Magnus is an amazing gay warlock that ends up developing a relationship with the gang, specifically Alec. I love Magnus' character so much, as I know that almost everyone who has read this series does. The polish fits his fabulous personality perfectly. I used two coats over a no name Ulta polish.




How perfect are these!? Let me know which ones are your favorites in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm