Monday, July 7, 2014

Where She Went Book Review

Title: Where She Went
Author: Gayle Forman
Series: If I Stay #2
Previous Reviews: If I Stay
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads:
read, based-on-music, book-boyfriends, books-i-own, contemporary, damaged-guys, romance

 “And then Adam Wilde shows up at Carnegie Hall on the biggest night of my career, and it felt like more than a coincidence. It felt like a gift. From them. For my first recital ever, they gave me a cello. And for this one, they gave me you.” 

*Huge spoilers if you haven't read If I Stay*

So if you read my review of If I Stay, you know that it is one of my favorite books of all time. In If I Stay, Mia and her family has a huge car accident that kills her whole family but her. She is in this coma and is outside of her body, so she can see everyone like grief over her and beg her to stay and fight. So she gets this huge choice, to stay or to go. Here is the big spoiler: she stays after her boyfriend Adam begs her to stay.

“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.” 

So Mia lives and leaves Adam. Where She Went is in Adam's POV and shows how destroyed he is. He band is huge, he is the rock star he always wanted to be. But he is also depressed, fighting with the band, and hating his life as a rock star. Then one day he meets Mia again in New York and they go on a day trip to see if they can reconnect.

I really did enjoy this book a lot. It was romantic, emotional, and beautiful. I did go into this with huge HUGE expections from If I Stay and they weren't quite meet. Where She Went was a little boring in the beginning and took a bit to get into. I also feel like the ending was some what rushed but it was so perfect that it wasn't a big problem for me.

Overall Where She Went was amazing. I look forward to reading more from Gayle Forman!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm