Sunday, July 13, 2014

Hex Hall Series Book Review

Title: Hex Hall, Demonglass, and Spell Bound
Author: Rachel Hawkins
Series: Hex Hall
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: have-high-hopes-for, love-the-cover, read, romance, so-incredibly-cheesy, vampires, werewolves, witches-and-fairies

 “'Let's just say you may regret that second piece of cake.'
Oh my God. Regret cake? Whatever was about to happen must be truly evil.” 


 Hex Hall is about a witch named Sophie Mercer. She does a love spell on one of her classmates and gets sent to Hex Hall, a school for refuge students who risk getting found out. But once she arrives at Hex Hall, she knows it will be trouble. On her first day she already she three enemies, a crush on a boy, a vampire best friend, and she gets attacked by a werewolf. As her school year progresses, she learns that she is much more powerful than other witches. She gets intertwined in plenty of teenage mishappenings.

So I really did enjoy this whole series. I was a little worried about the whole border school thing. I mean I bet we can all admit that supernatural bordering schools have been pretty overdone. Yes, Hex Hall was predictable and nothing that you should take seriously, but it was fun. I laughed a lot and loved the main character, because she is so sarcastic and strong. I liked her best friend Jenna as well and felt bad for her.

The three popular beautiful witches that hate her thing was really predictable. I still hated them, like I do every time. Her crush Archer was dating the queen of the three, of course. The whole series (espically Hex Hall) was just so predictable and that is why I docked a star, and it was super cheesy. But overall I really liked the Hex Hall series. I basically marathoned this series, so that is saying something. I would recommend this series to people who don't mind a little cheesiness and like supernatural sarcastic characters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm