Thursday, January 15, 2015

So Many Books To Review, So Little Space #2


My book review game has been hella awful lately. So I am here with the 2nd edition of "So Many Books To Review, Not Enough Space", where I review a ton books in a slightly shorter manner. I have a TON of books to review, so I'm just going to start already!

Title: The Blood of Olympus
Author: Rick Riordan
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Series: The Heroes of Olympus #5
Previous Books in Series: The Lost Hero, The Son of Neptune, The Mark of Athena, The House of Hades
Bookshelves on Goodreads: i-need-it-nowwww, book-boyfriends, books-i-own, favorites, mythology, my-emotions-i-cannot, romance, 2014-reads

“Correct." Kekrops sounded bitter, like he regretted his decision. "My people were the original Athenians--the gemini."
"Like your zodiac sign?" Percy asked. "I'm a Leo."
"No, stupid," Leo said. "I'm a Leo. You're a Percy.”


This book is so amazingly bitter sweet for me. I'm super upset that it's over. I mean I grew up on Percy Jackson through my early teen years. But I'm still bawling a little bit that it's all over. But at the same time, it was soo soooo perfect.

I'm not going to tell you anything about the plot because it would be impossible not the spoil you on so many of the previous books.

But Rick Riordan started so many things for me. The Percy Jackson series is one of the reasons I started reading. And it started a love for all things mythology. He infuses mythology tales into his middle grade funny style, and it just works. Can't wait for his next book!

Title: The Archived
Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: The Archived #1
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: 2014-reads, have-high-hopes-for, love-the-cover, owned-ibooks, read

“What if I mess up?"

"Oh, you will. You'll mess up, you'll make mistakes, you'll break things. Some you'll be able to piece together, and others you'll lose. That's all a given. But there's only one thing you have to do for me."

"What's that?"

"Stay alive long enough to mess up again.”


 The Archived was beautiful and very unique. I can't really think of another young adult book that I've read that was anything like it. I loved the whole plot, the characters, and the very concept of the book. It was just great.

The Archived is about Mackenzie Bishop. She is a keeper; some one that keeps the dead inside the archived and protects the archives secret. In this world, the dead are stored on shelves in the Archived. They can wake up and it is a keeper's job like Mackenzie to put them back. Mackenzie is dealing with grief after her young brother dies and her parents move away from the tragedy. She goes to a new school and meets another keeper, Wes.

This book is full of lies and pain. Mackenzie lies to her parents and her best friends, because she has to keep being a keeper a secret. But it's also about finding someone who you can trust with your life and protecting a secret. I flew through this book and loved it!

 Title: Unbound
Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: The Archived #2
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Previous Books in Series: The Archived
Bookshelves on Goodreads: 2014-reads, have-high-hopes-for, love-the-cover, other-supernatural, read, romance

 “The funny thing about armor is that it doesn't just keep other people out. It keeps us in. We build it up around us, not realizing that we're trapping ourselves.”

The Unbound was a fantastic sequel and darker than the first. I was worried that this might be worse than the first, but it wasn't. It exceeded my expectations. I feel even harder for the characters (especially Wes).

I can't tell you everything about The Unbound, but I can tell you some. Mackenzie struggles with nightmares so mad that she doesn't sleep days at a time. She also struggles to keep up with her keeper duties and appear in control. If she doesn't keep it together, she will be kicked out of the Archived and have her memories erased.

The Unbound didn't disappoint! I really hope that Victoria Schwab writes a third book but if she doesn't, it still ended perfectly. I defiantly recommend this one!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm