Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The House of Hades Book Review



“Tell the sun and stars hello for me.”

 House of Hades was utterly incredible. It was funny, sad, and swoon worthy all at the same time. I also have to say, the character development is incredible. You learn so much about the characters, that you didn't know before. I can't give this book enough praise. Yes, its a middle grade book but almost everybody would love this series.

Rick Riordan has such talent. I was laughing one minute then smiling then sitting on the edge of my chair, the next. He really is one of my authors of all time. He makes mythology interesting (even though I already like it, but I know some people don't) and memorable. But can I just make one request? STOP WITH ALL OF THE FUCKING CLIFF HANGERS. Your killing me here Rick and he knows it.

To my wonderful readers:
Sorry about that last cliff-hanger.
Well, no, not really. HAHAHAHA.
But seriously, I love you guys.


Yes, the cliff hanger at The Mark of Athena was awful. There was subtle cliff hanger at the end of House of Hades. Every damn book, BOOM CLIFF HANGER. I have a theory: he is just trying to land us in a mental hospital.

Okay so from here on out, there will be spoilers if you haven't read the first three books in the series and the original Percy Jackson series.  I warned you okay? Don't blame me. 

At the end of The Mark of Athena, Percy and Annabeth fell into Tartarus. They are literally in an evil god's body with a bunch of monsters and other killing stuff. They have to make it back to the Doors of Death, to get to out of Tartarus. But that is like impossible. But then they find a friend who helps them on their journey.

The rest of the half-bloods on the ship are going to meet them on the other side. But of course, they get lots of problems. The book has point of views for all of the 7 half-bloods and also Nico! I think he only gets one or two chapters, but still. But Riordan manages to make that not confusing at all. Half of the time we are reading about the ship, and then we are reading about Percy and Annabeth the other half of the time.

House of Hades doesn't surprise me with its awesomeness, I knew it was coming. Because everything that Riordan writes is awesome. It is packed with everything a reader could want. Including most of this.

(This isn't mine by the way, but props to who ever made this)
 
So don't be fooled. This is a middle grade book, but its more than that. Pinky promise. Do yourself a favor and go and binge read this one. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm