Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Four: A Divergent Story Collection Book Review

Title: Four
Author: Veronica Roth
Series: Divergent 0.1, 0.2, 0.3, & 0.4
Rating: 5/5 stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: book-boyfriends, books-i-own, damaged-guys, dystopia, favorites, have-high-hopes-for, love-the-cover, read, romance
  
 “One thing I know: For helping me forget how awful the world is, I prefer her to alcohol.” 

Four is a collection of four novellas from the Divergent Series. The Divergent series has been one of my favorite series for a long time, so I have looked forward to this beauty for a while. It was perfection. I really enjoyed to read from Four's perspective in this book. In Allegiant, his pov was not perfect but it was really great in Four.

The first story is called The Transfer and is when Tobias makes his choice in which factions he wants to pick. The whole story is really heartbreaking, there are some abuse scenes from his father, and they destroyed me. It was also very uplifting to see how strong becomes and how he gets away from his father.

"Don’t worry about me handling the pain, I’ve had a lot of practice."

I smirk a little. I did it, I put that expression on his face. I am not the perfect Abnegation child, doomed to be swallowed whole by the system and dissolved into obscurity. Instead, I am the first Abnegation-Dauntless transfer in more than a decade.

“You're the one who has to live with your choice, everyone else will get over it, move on, no matter what you decide. But you never will” (The Transfer)


The second story is called The Initiate and is about Four's experience as an initiate. It was great to read about his friends and how he finished in top of his class. 

I am not Tobias Eaton, not anymore, never again. I am Dauntless.


The third story is called The Son and is about Four in normal Dauntless life after he graduated. It made me hate Eric more, I didn't think that was possible. You also get to learn about when he got his tattoo!

“You know, the kind of person who gets this tattoo is probably the kind that should keep it very quiet," she says, looking at me from the corner of her eye. "Or else someone will start thinking they're Divergent.”

The fourth story is called The Traitor and is the only novella with Tris in it, so this is basically the beginning of Divergent from Four's perspective. This was my favorite novella. 

''How is it possible to live the same story twice, from different vantage points?''


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm