Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Silver Shadows (Bloodlines # 5) Book Review

Title: Bloodlines
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #5
Rating: 5/5 stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: book-boyfriends, books-i-own, damaged-guys, favorites, have-high-hopes-for, my-emotions-i-cannot, pissed-me-off, read, romance, vampires

“Everything I’d fought for, every challenge, every victory … all of it was empty if anything happened to him. Without him, I wouldn’t have had the courage to become the person I was. Without him, I wouldn’t have realized what it truly was to live and love life. Centrum permanebit. He was my center, and there was nothing I wouldn’t do, nothing I wouldn’t give up, to keep him safe.”  

Holy. Crap. I read this in early August but thinking about it/ writing this review makes me want to cry with tears of joy. This is my favorite book ever, no exceptions. In my opinion, it was also the best of the series. It was intense, heart breaking, and stunning beautiful and perfect. Like really after I read this, I couldn't do anything properly. PS. As always there will be spoilers now for the rest of the series. 

After the crushing thing that was the ending of The Fiery Heart, Sydney is in re-education and Adrian is destroyed. He looks for her through dreams every night and day, when he is sober anyways. Everybody is looking for Sydney but she is no where to be found. Adrian basically falls apart: he barely passes his classes at art school, he drinks all the time, and is spirit is driving his crazy. And god, I felt for him. Really, I mean it was so emotionally awful to read about him like that. 

Sydney is in re-education and it is just as awful as thought it would be. They keep her in a pitch black room for almost 3 months before she earns the right to be around people, people who have done wrong by the alchemists like her. She meets friends and tries to find any way to get out of there. While I didn't feel for Sydney as much as Adrian, I was more just angry at the alchemists. And her dad and sister, gahh. 

So overall I have no clue what to say about this book because it was just so perfect in every way. The ending was shocking and perfect and unbelievable. People who read the book probably know what I'm talking about. But anyways, there was a bad cliffhanger as always. Classic bloodlines. But even without the cliffhanger I absoluetly can't wait until February 10th. Its just too far away.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm