Sunday, August 31, 2014

The 5th Wave Book Review

Title: The 5th Wave
Author: Rick Yancey
Series: The 5th Wave #1
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Bookshelves: books-i-own, favorites, dystopia, have-high-hopes-for, other-supernatural, ending-destroyed-me, favorite-series, romance

"We're here and then we're gone, and it's not about the time we're here but what we do with the time."

When I first heard of The 5th Wave, I was like are you kidding me. Aliens. Really. I have never really been a fan of alien anything. But I was at Target and I read the description and bought it because it sounded way too much like The Walking Dead for me to not read it. Alas, I was surprised by The 5th Wave. I was relived that the aliens weren't green or look like ET.

I mean The 5th Wave wasn't perfect. It was really really long and I felt like some parts of the book could have been shorter or more action packed. But I really liked most of the characters. I also felt for them which is always a main plus for me. It was really everything you could ask for in an alien dystopian novel.

So this book is about an alien invansion in 5 waves. The book is split between two different stories that collide and takes place in the 4th wave and part of the 5th. The first story is of Cassie. Cassie lost her mom and dad in the invansion and is now looking for her brother. Her brother was kidnapped alongside a lot of kids to be taken to safe haven that really isn't a safe haven. While she looks for him she meets Evan and he takes care of her when she gets injured.

The other story revolves around Cassie's brother Sammy and his time at the safe haven that is really a base camp. The base camp trains the kids to fight the aliens. Sammy's camp leader is named Ben. Ben turns out to be Cassie's old crush as well. I didn't like this story as much as Cassie's but it was still really interesting.

So overall I thought the 5th Wave was really riveting and intense. I really loved all the characters and I can't wait for the next book in the series!

PS if you didn't know, the 5th Wave is being turned into a movie! Some of the casting has been decided.

description

From left to right its Nick Robinson as Ben, Chloe Moretz as Cassie, and Alex Roe as Evan. If you have read the book, what do you think? I like the choices except for Alex Roe. I just think he is a little too old for the part? I don't know. But the rest are great choices.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm