Thursday, August 21, 2014

Vampire Diaries Unmasked Book Review



 Title: Unmasked
Author: Aubrey Clark/L.J. Smith
Series: The Vampire Diaries #13
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads:  book-boyfriends, books-i-own, damaged-guys, ending-destroyed-me, favorites, have-high-hopes-for, my-emotions-i-cannot, romance, vampires

“There’s no happy ending in this for either of us. I hope you know that.” she said. “I’ve lived this once already. I know what it’s like to love them both, and to lose them.”

Unmasked is so conflicting for me. I feel like I naturally need to give 5 stars to anything Vampire Diaries related, and I do. I do feel like this one deserved it, maybe unlike the other two written by the ghost writer. But I'm so happy that I read this one because it broke my heart then put it back together again. I was satisfied with how it ended. 



Unmasked picked up basically a week or so after Unseen. Spoiler time if you haven't read the rest of the series. Elena is dying and Damon is feeling at fault. He killed Stefan's killer and he thought it wouldn't apply to the deal that Elena and Damon made, but it did. But before Elena dies, a guardian offers her a chance. She goes back to the beginning to make Damon good. But doing it means she can't love Stefan.

But I loved every page. I feel bitter sweet that the series has ended (maybe? *smshhh*). But I still have the TV show to fix my TVD love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm