Friday, June 26, 2015

Tutoral: How to Make Sheer Black Polish + Sheer Outline Design


I can't even remember the last tutorial that I did. It has been far too long. So today I want to show you guys how to do this fun, gothic design! I'll show you how to make a sheer black polish and how to do this polka dot / outline design.

Supplies You Will Need: 


  • A dotting tool: if you don't have a dotting tool you can use a bobby pin, a pen, or anything small and circular!
  • Nail art brush: it's best if you have one like mine where it is long and thin. You could use a tooth pick but it will be much harder. 
  •  Black sheer polish: continue reading to see how you make one!
  • Black polish: I'm using Rimmel London Hot Black to Go.
  • Matte top coat: this is optional but I like this design best with a matte finish!
How To Make a Sheer Black Polish: 


 Making a sheer black polish is a really easy thing to do! You will need a bottle of top coat and some black polish. All you need to do is drip the black polish into the top coat like I did shown above. Every 5-10 drops of black polish you drip in, you should put on the cap and shake it. Continue doing this until you have to black to clear ratio that you want. I didn't count but I think I put around 30 drops of black into it. 

Sheer Polish Design:

Step One: Paint your nails two coats of your new sheer polish. You may want to do more or less coats depending on how sheer your polish is.


Step Two: Take your dotting tool and make dots on your nails. A good idea is if your nails have stains on them that the sheer black polish didn't cover up, then cover the stain up with a dot!


Step Three: Take your brush and outline around your nail. This part takes a lot of practice. You can see that I messed up a lot and painted on my cuticles instead. It's okay though because that is really easy to fix! You just take a small angled brush with acetone to clean up the excess.


Step Four: Clean up your cuticles with acetone and finish with a matte top coat! Like I said before the matte top coat is optional but I really like the smoky effect that it gives the design.

I hope you liked this tutorial! Let me know if you guys want tutorials more often. If you recreate the look share it with me on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! Use the hashtag #apolishedbookworm. Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm