Wednesday, July 31, 2013

July Favorites!

Starting this month, I am posting at the end of the month about my favorite beauty products and nail polish from that month! I hope you girls like this new feature! Overall, it was a pretty great month for polish and beauty finds and I am so happy to share them with you! The thing is that I'm not a makeup blogger. So my swatches aren't "the best". But hey, at least I tried! Hope you enjoy these products are much as I do!


Makeup

e.l.f Brownstone & Butternut eyeshadow palettes:


We'll start out with my two e.l.f beauty finds. I got both of these eye shadow palettes at Cub for a dollar! I love e.l.f beauty so much because they are great quality for such a low price.

Brownstone:

Brownstone is a palette with all browns and one black. This palette is great for your typical smoky eye! 


Without flash:

With flash:

Butternut:

Butternut is my favorite of the two. It has a glittery yellow, orange/gold, dark brown, and normal brown. The colors work really great with blue eyes.


Without flash:

With flash:
 

Cover Girl Golden Sunset Eyeshadow Palette:

I happen to love this palette ALOT. I love all gold colors really. It comes with a yellow, gold, and dark gold. They are all super pretty. I got it for $3.75 at Target. 


Without flash:

With flash:
 

Cover Girl Soft Brown Brow & Eye Makers:

Truthfully, I had never used eye brow pencils before this one. I used to think they looked over done. But I picked this one up to give it a try. I love it! It doesn't look like to much, but at the same time, you can tell the difference. I picked mine up at Target for $3.00.



Without pencil:

With pencil:
 

Nail Polish:

I got plently of nail polish this month. 
     As the list stands:
  •  Essie Play Date
  •  Essie Tart Deco
  •  E.l.f Nude
  •  E.l.f. Lilac
  •  E.l.f Coral Dream
  •  E.l.f Teal Blue
  •  Sally Hansen Xtreme Mellow Yellow
  •  Sally Hansen Kiwi Bikini 
There are probably some others I am forgetting too. From this list I picked four that I consider my favorites. 

Essie Tart Deco:

This isn't your average orange color. It is a little orange with a small hint of pink in it. It reminds of a dreamsicle. So I am in love with this color. It has a great formula and applies in 2 coats.

 

Sally Hansen Mellow Yellow:

This is probably one of my favorite yellows ever. The color is just brilliant and the application is great. It goes on in 2 coats.


E.l.f Lilac:

Lilac is your typical little purple color with a difference. It is darker and prettier than most of them in my opinion. I have 4 little purple polishes and this is the best. It has a great formula and goes on in 2 coats.


E.l.f Nude: 

I like this color so much because it really goes with my skin tone. It is also just a great color in general. It has a great formula too and goes on in 2 coats.



Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm