Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What Happened To Goodbye book review


“Two a.m.' He swallowed, then said, "You know. The person you can call at two a.m. and, no matter what, you can count on them. Even if they're asleep or it's cold or you need to be bailed out of jail...they'll come for you. It's like, the highest level of friendship.” 

I had to read this for my english class. You know those projects where you pick a book and do projects on it. Well I picked this one. It was only 400 pages, an easy read, and romantic. I figured that I wouldn't have a problem with it because I have always loved Sarah Dessen. While I did enjoy this book, it had a few problems. I'll get to them after my summary of the book.

Mclean Sweet doesn't know who she really is. Her parents had a bloody awful divorce and she basically hates her mom for cheating on her dad. Espically because the dude is the coach of Mclean's Dad's favorite basketball team. It was really a low blow. Now the coach and her mom are married and they have two kids. Mclean travels with her dad for his work. He works at the company FOOD INC. They like fix restruants and such and help them get on their feet.

So Mclean changes herself every time she moves. Her name and her personality. But when her dad and her go to the new town and the Luna Blu, everything changes for her. She uses her real name and is her real self, even though she doesn't really know who that is. She meets Dave, the boy next door, and they get attached. He kind of helps her find out who she is. She makes friends and they work on a community project together. But things are about to get really bad with her mom and she doesn't know what to do.

Okay, so I did like this book. It was light and fun and easy to read. I read through about 200 pages in one day, which isn't normal. But that was after the beginning. God, the beginning was bad. It was really hard to get through. It was just boring and had like no talking. It was all explaining about her life and meh. So I took a star off for that.

Then I took a star off because I didn't really feel or connect with the characters. While I liked them, I never connected to them in anyway. But other then that, it was a good book. If you are looking for light summer read, this is for you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm