Thursday, April 3, 2014

Clockwork Prince & Clockwork Princess Book Reviews

Hey guys! Today I have a double review for you. The 2nd and 3rd books in the Infernal Devices trilogy by Cassandra Clare! The Infernal Devices is a spinoff of The Mortal Instruments series, and one of my favorite series of all time. I finished the 2nd one about a week ago and forgot to review it, so I will do both reviews here. You can find the Clockwork Angel review (the first book) here! As always, there will be spoilers if you haven't read the book before it in the series, but not for the actual book that I am reviewing.


"We live and breath words."

Clockwork Prince was breathtaking. Out of the 8 books that I have read of Cassandra Clare's there all got 5 stars. So I always go into her books with very high expections. This one didn't disappoint. It had everything that I always have loved about her writing: action, passion, humor, suspense, and just pure talent on her part.

You can find my review of Clockwork Angel here, to catch up. Clockwork Angel ended with Tessa's brother betraying her and her decision to say at the Institute with Charlotte. I'm sorry if this review is a bit short, because I read it a week or so ago and don't remember every single detail. But anyways, the Magister is still coming after her and Tessa has no clue what she is or why he wants her.

In Clockwork Angel, Will hurt her so bad and she takes refuge in Jem's kindness. As her and Jem grow closer, secrets are revealed and we learn why Will pushes every one away. There ends up being a traitor in the Institute. Gideon Lightwood and Sophie get attached to each other over training. And blah blah blah. I wish I could tell you more, but spoilers.

I loved every word of Clockwork Prince. Who would I recommend it too? Any teen or adult who likes supernatural, romance, or the victorian era.




“Life is a book and there are a thousand pages I have not yet read.”

Clockwork Princess took my breath away. The ending made me bawl (THE EPOLIGUE, SHIT) and it was just a fantastic ending to a wonderful trilogy. The whole book was just intense feels everywhere. I feel like something bad or very good was constantly happening. It had me on the edge of my chair. Its funny because my brother came up to me about an hour ago when I had like 50 pages and asked me if I wanted to do something with him and I said "I am not going to do anything until I am done, then I will need about an hour for feels." 

I. Could. Not. Put. This. Book. Down. I can seriously say that I lacked a lot of sleep this week while reading it. Since I am a night reading and read until about 2 am most days. But it was 4 am for a few days lately. I know, I'm awful. Sorry not sorry. 

So Clockwork Princess starts about a month or so after the ending of Clockwork Prince. Jem and Tessa are engaged. Will is depressed and still very much in love with Tessa, but they put off their love for Jem. Then Jem is on his death bed and Tessa and Will set out for a cure. But they never finish because Tessa gets taken by the Magister and Will goes after her. 

This book was crazy good but the series was beautiful and good. I suggest you go read them too, and let them have the same impact they did on me, to you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm