Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Succubus Blues Book Review

Title: Succubus Blues
Author: Richelle Mead
Series: Georgina Kincaid #1
Rating: 4/5 stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: angels, books-i-own, book-boyfriends, have-high-hopes-for, immortals, other-supernatural, romance, vampires, adult

“Look, don’t get me wrong. I worship the ground this guy walks on. I’m excited to meet him tonight. I’m dying to meet him tonight. If he wanted to carry me off and make me his love slave, I’d do it, so long as I got advance copies of his books.”

Richelle Mead probably my favorite author of all time. First I read her Vampire Academy series and truly fell in love. Then I read the Bloodlines series and it redefined what I thought love was. So I was super super super hyped about finally getting to read this. I was a little weary because its an adult book and very umm.. adult? I mean the cover screams sex. Some authors really overdue it with that, and forget about a plot, but Mead didn't.

So I didn't love it as much for Vampire Academy or Bloodlines for sure, but Succubus Blues was pretty great. It took me a bit to actually get into it, then I couldn't stop reading. Georgina was just as much as a badass as Rose & Sydney. The men in this are adorable. There is Seth & Roman. Roman was typical- good looking, charming, confident. Seth was all of those things except for confident, and he is a writer. So I liked Seth more, not gonna lie.

Succubus Blues is about a succubus named Georgina Kincaid. Her life force comes from sexual acts. She doesn't really like what she is, but lives a more simple life. She works at a bookstore and loves to read and drink coffee. Her favorite author, Seth, moves to town and works at her book store. They develop a relationship but Georgina can't have physical contact with him, in fear that she will drain his life force. Kind weird, I know. Then murders of other supernaturals start to happen all around town and Georgina finds herself right in the middle of it.

I liked Georgina as a character but wasn't blown away or anything. The one character I really really loved was Seth. There again goes Mead's amazing talent at writing up the sexiest boys in the fictional world.

This was Mead's debut book and it shows that even from the beginning, she has a beautiful ability to write perfect books. I can't wait to go read the sequel!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm