Monday, March 16, 2015

The Selection Book Review



 Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Series: The Selection #1
Rating: 3/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: 2014-reads, books-i-own, dystopia, have-high-hopes-for, meh, read, romance, so-incredibly-cheesy, ugly-covers

“I hope you find someone you can't live without. I really do. And I hope you never have to know what it's like to have to try and live without them.”

My relationship with this book is neutral. I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either. I guess I just plainly liked it. I had my issues with it, starting with that ugly cover. I don't understand how everyone loves this cover, I just don't understand. Who in there right mind would wear a blue dress made of ruffles? No thanks.

Anyway, this book is about America Singer's journey in the selection. The selection is a contest of 35 women, trying to win Prince Maxon's heart. America is in love with someone at home, Aspen, and she doesn't want to go into the selection, but her mother forces her.

So I found that the character's were either a hit or a miss for me. I didn't like Aspen at all. Just meh, no. I adored Prince Maxon. I kind of liked America most of the time, but thought that she did really stupid things. She was also kind of whinny and selfish. She was one of those perfect characters, that make me mad. Like she was supposedly amazing, beautiful, and talented, and she knew it. Also, what is wrong with these names. America? Maxon? Aspen? WHY?

This book was really captivating and an easy read. I really liked some things, and really didn't like others. So I went with a neutral 3 stars. Overall it was okay. I will probably continue on with this series at some point.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm