Monday, March 2, 2015

The Infinite Sea Book Review

Title: The Infinite Sea
Author: Rick Yancey
Series: The 5th Wave #2
Previous Reviews of the Series: The 5th Wave
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: 2014-reads, books-i-own, dystopia, love-the-cover, other-supernatural, read

 "Some things, down to the smallest things, are worth the sum of all things."

I thought that The Infinite Sea was a great sequel. It doesn't fall into the second book syndrome. It was action packed and very exciting, just like The 5th Wave. It was a little confusing though because it had four povs. Normally it took me a few pages to even figure out which character's pov I was reading.

The Infinite Sea is the second book in the 5th Wave trilogy. It takes place in a world that was invaded by aliens. It is a dystopian survival story. Of course, if you know me, you know that I love me some dystopian books. So I am naturally inclined to love this.

One thing that I really really loved about this book is the characters. They are all so unique and bad ass. Cassie really starts to come into herself, and is really pissed off and confused.

“That’s the cost. That’s the price. Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you’re left with humans with no humanity.

In other words, you get what you pay for, motherfucker”


One of my other favorite characters was ringer. I was pretty neutral about her in The 5th Wave but in The Infinite Sea, just yes. I loved her last third of the book that was in her pov. In my opinion, that part made this book great.

So overall I really enjoyed this and can't wait for The Last Star.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm