Sunday, May 4, 2014

Pandemonium Book Review

“The flip side of freedom is this: When you're completely free, you're also completely on your own.”

*Intense spoilers if you haven't read Delirium*
Pandemonium was incredibly confusing but still kind of great. It was honestly disappointing and a big step down from Delirium. Delirium left me breathless and pandemonium was just kind of sad. I realized that with Alex, this series kind of isn't special to me. I also found it kind of wrong that they would just kill him off. I mean I get why they did it, it was supposed to be romantic and all of that, but no.

This book was split between "now" and "then". "Then" is when Lena finds a group in the wilds and trys to get over the death of Alex. "Now" is a little bit in the future when she is under cover for the resistance against the government. I found the whole concept really confusing. Like I would get into the story and then all of the sudden I was in the future or the past.

But I need to stop complaining because I did like the book as a whole. I liked the new characters like Raven and Tack. I also liked how Lena changed so much, and for the good. She was much more strong and brave. It was a nice change from the weaker person we met in Delirium.

In "then", Lena is about to die from all of the running and her injuries. Then Raven and her group finds her and she stays with them. She learns that the Wilds are a very hard place to live and that hunger is normal.

In "now", Raven sends her to New York and she is under cover for the resistance. She is a student at an academy and is involved in the DFA (Deliriua Free America). She is supposed to watch a young leader named Julian and ends up falling for him.

So overall, I liked it but the book did have some problems with it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm