Thursday, March 20, 2014

Clockwork Angel Book Review


"If no one in the entire world cared about you, did you really exist at all?"

This is for sure a contender for my favorite series ever. When I read the summary of this book on Goodreads, I thought it was going to be a lose for me. I mean I'm not much of a victorian era type of person. Also, a love triangle? You need some serious talent to pull them off. But I have no clue how I ever doubted Cassandra Clare. She is for sure one of my favorite authors, right behind Richelle Mead.

This book was so beautiful. The writing was beautiful. The story was beautiful. The characters were beautiful. Everything was just so damn beautiful. I mean honestly, I might put this series in front of The Mortal Instruments. I was laughing and crying (literally) and swooning and laughing again and sighing in bliss.

Clockwork Angel is about Tessa Gray. Her brother moves from New York to London and she is soon to follow him, after her aunt dies. There warlocks called the dark sisters capture her and tell her that she has the power to shape shift into anybody. They also tell her that they have her brother and if she doesn't do what they say, he will be dead. So Tessa "changes" over and over for the sisters until a shadow hunter (demon hunter) named Will Herondale rescues her and that is where the book really begins.

Tessa is brought to the Instutite (where the shadow hunters live) and the shadow hunters help her find her brother. But while there she falls for two best friends, Will and Jem. She changes and discovers a lot about herself and her past. But most importantly, what she is.

For me, to make a book great, I need a relatable main character (or just a nice one) and a hot guy in the mix. Lucky me, I get both here. Tessa is a book lover. Need proof?

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” 

oh and this one.

“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.” 

Need I say anything else? I think not. And Will is your typical troubled broken funny hot guy. Well maybe I shouldn't say typical because that can imply bad things. But I promise you think there is nothing bad about Will. He just has that broken sexy thing about him. And he loves books. HE LOVES BOOKS.

“Sometimes, when I have to do something I don't want to do, I pretend I'm a character from a book. It's easier to know what they would do.” 

Jem is awesome too. He isn't Will but he is cool. He seems more of the friendly type, rather boyfriend material. He has some sickness, but I can't tell you because you know spoilers. But here is some proof of his awesomeness.

“Whatever you are physically...male or female, strong or weak, ill or healthy--all those things matter less than what your heart contains. If you have the soul of a warrior, you are a warrior. All those other things, they are the glass that contains the lamp, but you are the light inside.” 

I'm not really sure how I could possibly express how much I love this book. Cassandra Clare has created this beautiful world that I just want to bury myself into. On to Clockwork Prince!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm