Sunday, October 12, 2014

Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) Book Review

 Title: Unravel Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Series: Shatter Me #2
Previous Reviews from this Series: Shatter Me
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Bookshelves on Goodreads: blood-everywhere, book-boyfriends, books-i-own, damaged-guys, favorites, have-high-hopes-for, love-the-cover, my-emotions-i-cannot, dystopia, romance

"I want to know how to convince you to design a smile just for me. Yes, I do want to be your friend. I want to be your best friend in the entire world."

Well that was...amazing. How am I supposed to choose between Adam and Warner? At this point I'm team Juliette because I would okay with either boy she picks. Unravel Me was just perfection. As usual, I won't spoil Unravel Me, but I don't really have much a choice but to spoil some of Shatter Me. So if you haven't read the first book and don't want to be spoiled, stop here and go pick up Shatter me!

Unravel me picks up about 2 weeks after Shatter Me ends. Juliette, Adam, and Kenji are at Omega Point: a place for people like Juliette, with powers and abilities. Of course most of them have easier powers then Juliette; healing, invisibility, etc... But Juliette is the most powerful. There she starts to discover just how powerful she is.

While they are preparing for war again the Reestablishment, they slowly discover why Adam and Warner can touch Juliette.

So I really liked Juliette in this book. She had a lot of character growth and finally saw that she needed to get stronger and grow up. While I didn't think that she was bad at first, she really turned into a more powerful person and character. You get to see a more selfless side of her that I really liked.

Warner and Adam? God. Why did Mafi have to do this is me. I had it chosen: I was team Adam. And now? What the fuck, I have no clue. I love them both but I think I might actually like Warner more. We get to see a whole new side of him in Unravel Me that I just love.

“I want you,” he says. He says “I want all of you. I want you inside and out and catching your breath and aching for me like I ache for you.” He says it like it’s a lit cigarette lodged in his throat, like he wants to dip me in warm honey and he says “It’s never been a secret. I’ve never tried to hide that from you. I’ve never pretended I wanted anything less.”

But one of the best parts? Kenji. Kenji is so freaking hilarious and just a great guy. He is super nice to Juliette even when she is being a bitch. He is Adam's best friend. He is more damaged then what people think. Most of the times I laughed was because of him.

“The man is moody as hell.”

“I am not moody—”

“Yeah, bro.” Kenji puts his utensils down. “You are moody. It’s always ‘Shut up, Kenji.’ ‘Go to sleep, Kenji.’ ‘No one wants to see you naked, Kenji.’ When I know for a fact that there are thousands of people who would love to see me naked—”


This book is perfect and I can't wait until I get my hands on the last one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm