Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Nail Polish and Nail Art Items Organization & Swatch Book

Hey! Today I figured I would show you all how I organize all my polish related items. I used to have a ton of different random racks for my polish. But then that got pretty old, because they didn't match at all. So now they are in a few bins until I get my dad to help me make my 6 foot tall, dream nail polish rack. I'm hoping that we will go buy the supplies this weekend. So here is my temporary storage for my 150+ bottles of polish.

So I have all of my e.l.f. polishes in the top green bin and the rest of them in the bottom clear bin.

Basically right next to my polishes I have a shelf for all my nail art stuff.

So I did a really really crappy painting job on this shelf, then put flower fabric on the shelves. On the top shelf I have all my nail tape. Next shelf has all my stamping stuff. Next has a bunch of random nail art items like beads, glitter, nail art pens, and stickers. Next shelf has all my nail care items. The bottom shelf has cosmetic sponges for gradients and vaseline for easy clean up for water marbles!

And right below that shelf I have my acetone, polish remover, base and top coats, water marbling container, tweezers, brushes, dotting tools, and my fake nails that I use when I break one of my naturals.

I just recently made a nail polish swatch book for finding the right color for nail art. It is super fun and easy to do. Plus with my bins, the colors aren't all layed out, so this book helps a lot. You can make yours how ever you want but I put mine into color categories. I also used a binder so when I run out of space for a color, I can just add a new page.




I used some scissors and cut out some polish bottles and brands from the Nail It! Magazine. Im not done yet because they didn't have enough ads (which is a good thing). So when I get the next issue, I will add to it! I have a red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, nude, and other category. Pretty straight forward!

When I finish that rack, I will put up another post! Have a great day everyone!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm