Monday, September 30, 2013

1st Halloween Tutorial!

Hey there! Today i'm going to be starting an ongoing October theme. Halloween! I'm going to try to get 2 Halloween nail art tutorials each week out there for you guys! I don't know about you guys, but I love Halloween! Its a fun and creepy holiday. Even though I'm to old to trick or treat, I always get to have some candy.

But first i'm going to tell you guys about a new site I found out about the other day. Its called Trends in Nails. Trends in Nails is a site where you can find out about nail bloggers from all around the world. If you are a blogger then you can register you blog to the site, and it will be displayed under your country. Like if you want to find me, you just click on the American flag and scroll until you find Kacey's Nails. I think its a great idea for bloggers and blog lovers alike. If you are a blogger, it is a great way to get noticed. If you are a blog lover (nail art blogs for this site) then it is a great way to find new blogs to read! So go check out the site and while you are there, go give me a like! ;)

So back to the tutorial. This is a technique that I saw on Pinterest that I reinvented into my own method. Its a lot like water marbling, actually almost exactly like it. Except you spray rubbing alcohol on it with a sprayer to get a cool effect. 

Here is what you will need for this nail art design:
  • 2 polishes (If you want it be halloween like, use a black and another color like red, orange, white, or nude.)
  • A cup
  • Bottled or filtered water
  • A toothpick
  • Acetone
  • A brush or Q-Tip (I prefer a brush for clean up but its all up to you.)
  • Base coat & top coat
  • Rubbing alcohol
  • Spray Bottle
 Step one:

First fill up your cup with water. I use this cup for my water marbling, so that is why it is super dirty. Make sure you use bottled or filtered water, it works better.

Step Two:

Next paint on your base coat. I guess this step is optional but highly recommend.

Step 3:

Next paint on your lighter color. Like I said earlier, If you want to go Halloween style go red, orange, white, or nude.

Step 4:

When your nails are dry, take your black polish and let it drip into the water. This is the part that is exactly like water marbling. Put 4 or 5 drops in the water. Make sure you hold the brush close to the water or else the drop will go to the bottom of your cup.

Step 5:

Next put the rubbing alcohol into your spray bottle. Then spray the water. This is the tricky part because if you hold it to close the all of your black will just come in one big string and if you hold it to far away it won't do anything. Experiment and find out what works for you.

Step 6:

Next dip your nail into the water over the best part of the design. Hold you finger in the water. Then take your toothpick and get all of the black polish out of the water. Then take your finger out and clean up.

Step 7:

Finish the rest of your fingers and put on top coat. Your done! See if you guys look at my pointer finger, it isn't perfect at all. So if yours doesn't look perfect, thats fine. Its all part of the design.

If you have any questions just comment below. If you try this design, tag me in a post on facebook, twitter, or instagram! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm