Sunday, October 6, 2013

2nd Halloween Tutorial!

Hey! I have Halloween Tutorial the sequel today! Actually this is kind of two tutorials in one! The first part is painting a haunted house! The second part is lightning! Just to say, I use nail art brushes and dotting tools for this design, but you can use tooth picks if you don't have those! Just make sure to cut off the tip of the toothpick if you are doing dots!

For this design, you will need the following:
  • Acetone 
  • Brush or Q-tips
  • Cosmetic sponges
  • Nail Art Brushes
  • A Dotting Tool
  • 7 Different polishes:
  1. A light purple (I used Essie Play Date)
  2. A darker purple (I used Wet n Wild Through The Grapevine)
  3. A black (I used Sinful Colors Black on Black)
  4. A white (I used Sinful Colors Snow me White
  5. A light yellow (I used Cover Girl Pina Colada)
  6. A green (I used NYC High Line Green)
  7. A blue (I used Revlon Midnight)
  • Top coat
  • Base Coat
The Sky:

 Step one: Start with top coats of white.


Step two: Do a gradient with the two different purples. If you don't know how to do a gradient, check out my gradient tutorial! Then paint on black tips for the ground.


So you do the sky for all of your fingers then this is where it gets different. This is the part for the haunted house. I did this on my thumb, but its your choice!

The Haunted House:

Step one:
Paint a black square over your "ground". Have the square laying on the ground like pictured.

Step two:
Paint two black triangles on top of the square.

Step three:
Put another shape in the middle of the two trianges. I doesn't really matter what shape you pick, but paint it in black.

Step four:
Paint yellow dots for windows and use top coat. Your done!

Lightning:

Step one:
Take the corner of your cosmetic sponge and dab on some green & blue in the place I did. It should go from the black to the end of your nail.

Step two:
Paint on some zig zag white lines, on top of the sponged area.

Step three:
Paint on some top coat and your done!

So thats it! For the rest of your fingers, follow the theme! Paint some bats or a graveyard! Make it creepy and fun! Here is my finished mani!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm