Thursday, February 13, 2014

Divergent Book Review


"I am brave. I am selfish."

I think its a record guys. I read 487 pages of beautiful literature in 3 days. I don't like math, and it doesn't like me. But that is like 150 pages a day. I normally read 50-100 a day. That is how damn good this book was. It was near impossible to put down.

Divergent is perfection. It is packed full of action and suspense and bravery. The story is just amazing. I know that it is going to stay with me for a long time.

In the world of Divergent, the world is divided into 5 factions. Factions are like a community that all have one very common characteristic. Abnegation people are selfless, Dauntless people are brave, Erudite people are intelligent, Amity people are peaceful, and Candor people are honest. When one is 16, they take a test on factions, then they decide what faction they want to join. Once they leave, their faction is their family and they don't see much of their old family.

"Factions before blood."

Beatrice Prior (Tris) is our main character. She is from an Abnegation family. When she goes to take the test, she gets mixed results. The test is supposed to delete all options but one, but hers doesn't. They call that divergent. Being divergent is very dangerous, so she has to keep it a secret. She chooses Dauntless.

The story basically follows her going threw initiation, which is like a test to become a Dauntless. Four is her instructor and her love interest. I know what your thinks, but no. Their is a two year age difference between Four and Tris, so its not another Vampire Academy. (Which I totally wouldn't complain about.) Through out the book, they find out their world might be as perfect as they think.

Divergent is by far my favorite dystopian novel that I have read. Yes, even above the Hunger Games, that is how good it is. It is intense and truly unforgettable. I can't wait to get my hands on the next book!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm