Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dream Catcher Tutorial

Hey guys! I am still waiting on any news on my application to a possible new job for me! But it has only been a few days, so I'm trying not to freak out about it! Anyways, my cousin and best friend requested that I make a dream catcher tutorial! I love dream catcher nails, there are so many different ways to do them. So today, I will show you how to paint a dream catcher and accent feathers!

Dream Catcher

What you will need for this design:
- Base and top coat (Optional)
- Nail art brush
- Dotting tool or something to make dots with
- A light polish like white, for your base color
- Two polishes of your chpice
- Black polish

 Step one: Paint your nails your choice of a base color. I would go with something light so you can see the dream catcher!  I personally like white the best, but it's your choice.

 Step two: Take your nail art brush and some black polish and paint a half circle on the top of your nail like I did, in the picture above. 

 Step three: Paint lines in any design you want, or just random lines, in the half circle. 

 Step four: Paint three black lines coming down from the half circle to the tip of your nail.

 Step five: Take two colors of your choice and make dots on the line and in the half circle. 

Step six: Clean up with acetone and a brush and finish with top coat!

Accent Feathers

What you will need for this design:
- Base and top coat (Optional)
- A base color of your choice
- Black polish
- Two or three versions of the same color of your choice (Like 3 different blues)
- Nail art brush

 Step one: Paint a curved black line on your nail. Then take one of your colors and draw lines coming out of it, like I did above. 

 Step two: Take your next color and put thin lines over the first, so you can see both colors. Keep doing that with the rest of your colors. 

Step three: Paint the black line again, over the first one, so you can see it again. Then clean up with a brush and acetone and finish with top coat!



Let me know if you try this, I would love to see your take on it! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm