Monday, February 10, 2014

City of Lost Souls (Mortal Instruments # 5) Review


(Spoilers on all of the books in the series, but this one. Not crazy spoilers but still. I feel like I should warn you.)

I finished City of Lost Souls last night, but I have just kind of been sitting around because I have no clue how to write this review. It seems like my thoughts just don't want to go on the paper. I loved this book, I really did. It wasn't much a surprise either, because Cassandra Clare's books are always sooo good.

I stayed up until 2 am, on a school night reading this. I had like 200 pages left, but I just kind of flew threw the ending. Like the rest of Clare's books, CoLS was full of suspense, romance, action, and humor. Some parts of the books just came out and completely shocked me. For you guys who haven't read any one of the other books in the series, most of the main characters are shadow hunters. Shadow hunters are half angel- half human and they fight demons. Clary, Jace, Isabelle and Alec are like the main shadow hunters in the series. Then there is Magnus, and he is a warlock. Then Simon is a vampire, and some of the other characters are werewolves. So this book has a major supernatural theme in it, but its not cheesy (Twilight, Vampire Diaries, etc...).

The main relationships are Clary and Jace, Isabelle and Simon (Kind of?), and Alec and Magnus. I love Clary and Jace. They have great chemistry and are just a great pair. Isabelle and Simon are kind of on and off, but I like their relationship as well. Magnus and Alec, are of course gay, there relationship is probably the best of the three. Magnus is freaking hilarious. I find myself laughing at his lines all the time. (For those who read this book, page 511 ISN'T REAL. IT CAN'T BE.) So yes, this book had plenty of romance, but no insta love or anything like that.

I really don't know what to say. I think I have probably said it all in my other reviews of the Mortal Instrument series, which you can find here and here and here and here. I really can't praise this series enough. Those who haven't read it, need to! *me sounding like a cheesy car saleswoman* You won't regret it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm