Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Fault In Our Stars Review



“My thoughts are stars I can’t fathom into constellations.”

You know a book is good when it envokes a physical reaction or emotion from you. The Fault In Our Stars did more than just give me a physical reaction, it destroyed me. I counted and I cried three times, teared up twelve times, laughed 38 times, and swooned eight times.

This book, well shit. All of my oh-so educated words have disappeared because I am honestly completely speechless. I don’t know how, well breath right now. It is like John Green literally came up to me and punched me with his beautiful words. We have all had a good case of “after book depression” at least twice. This book takes it to whole new level, that you never want to see.

First I will talk about Green’s incredible writing style. I can’t really explain it. He uses so many beautiful and confusing words and just throws them together and makes something perfect and beautiful in it’s own. He managed the rare combo, of true humor and true sorrow in one book. It was like you would go from laughing to tearing up to full out crying within a chapter.

I loved all of the characters in this book. Well except for Monica, fuck Monica. But Hazel? She was amazing. She was selfless, brave, strong, smart, and just a beautiful person. She goes threw so much, just to end up thinking about how HER cancer is affecting OTHERS. Really? If I had cancer, I would be a rotten brat who hated everything and everyone. But she didn’t and that I what makes her so remarkable.

I thought Issac was faboulus. The main thing that made me love him, was that he was strong. So strong. He went in to get blind (because he had eye cancer, and had to get a surgery for it), he knew he was going to be blind, but he was still strong. Then he fucking makes jokes about it later. He was an awesome character.

Gus. My god. I am tearing up just thinking about him. He was utterly, without a doubt, the most beautiful specimen of a human I have ever had the pleasure to read about. He is strong, hilarious, selfless, and just so perfect. It is never about him and it is always about someone else. He was so funny, I was dying of laughter at least once a chapter from his comments. In the book, he loves metaphors and uses them in like every sentence. He is just so smart and perfect. I could go on forever.

I always want to make a quick shout out to Hazel’s parents. I really really liked her parents. Her mom and dad put her before everything. They are with her, helping her, constantly. Her dad was hilarious and had very raw and true emotions. Her mom was very supportive and nice.

I don’t think I could ever say this enough, you need to read this.

Okay? Okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm