Tuesday, January 14, 2014

City of Glass (Mortal Instruments 3) by Cassandra Clare Review

"There is no pretending," Jace said with absolute clarity. "I love you, and I will love you until I die, and if there's a life after that, I'll love you then."

City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)

I CAN NOT. GUYS. OH MY FEELS. I hate writing reviews for my favorite books, because I have no clue how to. Like how can I possibly give this book enough praise? I can't. But I can try.

Me: How in the actual hell. OH MY GOD. I DON'T CARE IF I HAVE THE NEXT BOOK I AM STILL GOING TO CRY MY LITTLE HEART OUT.

Me: *Bangs head on the desk* IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL

Me: WHY CAN'T THERE *Sniffle, tear* BE MORE GUYS LIKE JACE. ITS NOT FAR TO THE HUMAN RACE.

Me: My heart won't stopping racing. If I didn't know better, I would think that I was having a heart attack. 

Me: Wait. I have to write a review on this? Fuck this. How can I possibly put Clare's utterly beautiful words and make a review out of them? I can't do this.

Me: Yes you can! You are smart, go get that review.

Me: But...

Me: But nothing. Go write the damn review.
 
So here I am. It's 1:30 am and I have school tomorrow.  I promised my mom that I would go to bed at 11. Well..... techinally I was in bed.. just not sleeping. I promised myself that I would finish this book today. I only had like 200 pages left! Well guys I have an important lesson for you: Reading is superior to sleep any day.

In City of Glass, Clary and the gang are in Idris (Like the main shadow hunter city) finding a cure for Clary's mother. There are a lot of moments were I was really pissed at Jace in this one. He was acting like an ass for show. How surprising. Not. But I swear that Jace is probably my favorite fictional (or real) male in the world. He is just so caring and bad ass.

Clary really stepped up her a-game in this book. She goes with her impulses and stands up for herself. I really like her character. I actually liked Simon in this book too. In the past Mortal Instruments books, I really didn't enjoy Simon's character. But in City of Glass, he was selfless and really a cool guy.

Unlike the first two books in the series, I literally prodicted the whole ending. Not even slightly joking. I can't tell you guys about the ending, I refuse, but I knew like the whole thing, and I couldn't be happier. It was kind of a shock since City of Bones and City of Ashes were such shockers for me. But I couldn't have asked for a different ending.

If I didn't know that Clare was going to this trilogy (series), I have no clue what I would do. Probably pout and complain for a few days, without leaving me room. But I do have the next book! And I intend to read it after Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles 4), since Beautiful Redemption is a library book and all. But guys, go do yourself a favor and read The Mortal Instruments! You'll be happy you did!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm