Monday, March 10, 2014

Divergent Nail Art and Makeup Looks

Hey guys! I have been preparing this post for a while! As you may know, one of my favorite book trilogies is Divergent by Veronica Roth! My review on the book is right here. So I was making a nailing the book design based on the book and decided that it would be fun to do makeup looks for the different factions as well! The post will be very picture heavy, so I'm just going to jump right in!

Nail Art:


This design is based off of the Divergent factions! If you need a review, they are right here. From thumb to pinky I have Abnegation, Candor, Amity, Erudite, and Dauntless. I used Elf Nude for the base on all of my nails. Then I used Elf Smoky Brown and Sinful Colors Nirvana for my thumb. I used L.A. Colors Black Velvet for my pointer finger and Revlon Diva for my middle finger. Then I used Sally Hansen Blue Me Away, Revlon Midnight, and Sonia Kashuk Contessa for my ring finger. Finally I used Revlon Diva and Sally Hansen Sun Kissed for my pinky finger!


Makeup Looks:

Abnegation (The Selfless):
 "I choose to turn away from my reflection, to rely not on myself but on my brothers and sisters, to project always outward until I disappear." - Abnegation manifesto

If I were being realistic, the Abnegation don't wear makeup. So I tried to make this as simple as possible. I just put on some grey eye shadow on my top lid and bottom lash area and  then applied some mascara. 

Products: 
Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
Colour Couture Cosmetics grey eyeshadow

Candor (The Honest):
"Truth makes us transparent. Truth makes us strong. Truth makes us inextricable" - Candor manifesto

The Candor's colors are supposed to be black and white. No grey, because they don't believe anything is grey, it is either black or white. So here I have white eyeshadow with black in the corner of my lid. Then I did winged eye liner and lined my bottom lashes too. Then I finished with mascara.

Products used:
Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
Elf black liquid eyeliner
Colour Couture eyeshadows

Amity (The Peaceful):
"Give freely, trusting that you will be given what you need... Do not be angry. The opinions of others cannot damage you... The wrong is past. You must let it rest where it lies... You must no longer think cruel thoughts. Cruel thoughts lead to cruel words, and hurt you as much as they hurt their target."  - Amity manifesto

This is my second favorite one! The Amity's colors are supposed to be red and yellow. So I have yellow on my lid and some red in the corner. Then I used liquid eyeliner and mascara to finish the look!

Products used:
Benefit "They're Real!" mascara
Elf black liquid eyeliner
Profusion Colour eyeshadow pallete

Erudite (The Intelligent):
"Ignorance is defined not as stupidity but as lack of knowledge." - Erudite manifesto

The main color of the Erudite is blue. So for this design I used blue eyeliner and blue eyeshadow on the bottom lash line. Then I finished it out with mascara.

Products used:
Markwins eyeshadow palette
Benefit "They're Real!"
Markwins blue eyeliner

Dauntless (The Brave):
"We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another... We
believe in shouting for those who can only whisper, in defending those who cannot defend themselves"  

 This is my favorite design! The Dauntless' logo has flames on it, so I did a flame look. I used yellow, orange, and red eyeshadow to make the lid. Then put black eyeshadow on my corner for a burnt flame kind of look. Then I used eyeliner and mascara to finish out the look.

Products used: 
L.A. Colors Little Black Box Natural Edition eyeshadow palette
Elf black eyeliner 
Benefit "They're Real!" mascara

Thanks for reading and have a great day! 



  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm