Saturday, March 1, 2014

Allegiant Book Review


"Be brave."

Seriously, you are going to need to be very brave to read this book. I'm not going to spoil it, but the ending is worse than The Fault In Our Stars. The ending is like the ending of all endings. I cried real tears guys, the tears were real. So, yes I understand why the average rating for this book on Goodreads is 3.63 stars. The ending of this book destroyed the series for a lot of people. But as sad as I am, I get where Veronica Roth was coming from and I think it showed an huge amount of character.

As normal for series, if you haven't read the first two books this will have spoilers. I REPEAT, SPOILERS FOR DIVERGENT AND INSURGENT AHEAD. Okay, I will not be blamed for this. So Allegiant picks up after Insurgent, when the Edith Prior video is released. Four and Tris quickly know that they want to get out of the city and see what happened out there, and if there are still people alive.

So them and a group of others go outside of the fence and find out what happened. Its hard to explain what happens without spoilers, so I'll just stop there. But inside the city, they are on the brink of war. A group of people that want factions back, called the Allegiant, try to take their city back. While Four's mom is leading the city of factionless. Things are a mess.

Through out the book, Tris and Four have lots of relationship problems (grrrr....). They are very up and down through out the whole story. Which is of course, really really annoying. But they work it out, so that is what matters, right? Christina and Uriah get close but don't date, which I kind of wish they did. But really I don't have much else to say.

I thought this book was heartbreaking and real and beautiful. I was shaking when I was reading it in the end. I cried, I laughed, I swooned. The Divergent trilogy is one of my favorites and I'm sad to see it end.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm