Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Beautiful Chaos (Caster Chronicles 3) by Kami Garcia Review






“When I first met you, that's what I remember. I looked up at the sky and thought, I'm going to love this person because even the sky looks different.”

Oh. My. God. My heart. I think I lost it. I keep thinking that maybe, just maybe, I could give one of the Caster Chronicle books a 4 star, but no. Garcia has a way of pulling so many different unique things together beautifully. I would have laughed if someone had told me that you could fight supernatural beings, southern accents, a small town, and a great romance into one book. They just don't seem to fight. Fitting together casters (or witches) with an obsession with the words light and dark and southern church goes? Oh yes, it works very well.

I like the plot, the setting, the romance, the characters, well damn, I like everything about this series. The plot is exciting and the setting makes it all its own. The romance between Lena and Ethan is completely believable. Its really beautiful actually. The characters are hilarious and spot on brilliant.

I like how Garcia actually made it so that I don't hate any characters in this book. For some reason, it always seems like I hate at least one character in every book. With the Percy Jackson series, it was Annabeth. With The Vampire Diaries it was Bonnie. With the Twilight series.... wait. I hated everybody but Alice and Jacob in those damn novels. I could go on and on. But really? With this book I was trying to find someone to hate but I just couldn't.

I have to talk about Ethan (The main character and hottie). Sorry, I might start to ramble. He seems like the only non-badass hero that I actually swoon over. Ethan is a smart, romantic guy that you just want to cuddle with. But he is really selfless too, in a "I need to protect everyone I love kind of way". He is just... awesome.

Oh and did I mention that I went to the ER tonight? I hit my head really hard and have a concussion. But I still finished this book and am writing a review at 2 am. That is how good this book is. Do yourself a favor and go and read this beautiful piece of literature.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm