Friday, January 3, 2014

Christmas Nail Polish Haul

This is late. So late. Christmas was what, a week or two ago? I have had these gorgeous polishes just sitting in my blog folder on the computer, edited and everything, but then I had new years stuff, and 2014 stuff, so this came last. I went a little polish crazy with my Christmas money. I didn't get a lot of polishes, but I love most of them I got! My wallet was fighting with me because I wanted to buy the 3rd and 4th Mortal Instrument books, so polish got placed in second. But I adore most of the polishes I got!

X Formula Grandiose:

Grandiose is a shimmery duochrome that switches between a redish pink and orange. This is an incredible polish it shifts so well. Its one of those polishes where you see it in the bottle and it looks even better on the nails. The formula is great and it went on in two coats. As you can see, I took a ton of pictures of this one, in different lights. Here is two coats without top coat.







X Formula Infamous:

Infamous is another beautiful duochrome that shifts from bluish teal to purple. This polish is incredible! Like Grandiose, it shifts like nobody's business. It goes from teal to a bluish teal to purple. The formula is great and it goes on in 2 coats perfectly. Ready for more picture spam? Here is two coats without top coat.







Zoya Dhara:

Dhara is a shimmery orange textured polish. It is from the Zoya Pixie Dust 2013 collection. I got this one at Ulta for a sale price of 5 dollars. I gotta say that I love this one. This is the first Zoya polish I have tried and I'm super impressed! Here is two coats without top coat.




China Glaze Lightning Bolt:

Lightning Bolt is a creme white crackle polish. It was kind of lumpy when I first applied it, but then it smoothed out when it dried. I've never seen that with any other crackle polish, so I'm not sure if its just the bottle I just or if it just has a bad formula overall. Here is one coat over L.A. Colors Black Velvet.




Revlon Mistletoe:

Mistletoe is a shimmery black and blue and green polish. This is one of those colors where it is kind of hard to explain, so I'll just let you guys look at the pictures. But the formula was good. Here is two coats without top coat.




Revlon Meteor:

Dang. I probably just found on of my favorite all time polishes. Meteor is totally stunning. The formula is great as well! Here is two coats of 1 and one coat of 2 without top coat.





Sephora by OPI Happy Earth Day to Me:

Happy Earth Day to Me is an really gross shimmery greenish brown. Okay OPI, I see what you were trying to do here.. kind of. But I really really really dislike this color. Honestly? I think it looks like puke. I'm not sure what OPI was thinking with this one? Here is three coats without top coat.




Sephora by OPI Looks Like Rain, Dear:

Looks Like Rain, Dear is a top coat with gold and holographic glitter. This polish is pretty but the formula really isn't. I truly thought that this one would go on by itself, but after 4 coats I said no. I ended up putting it over black and then it looked thick. So I just took pictures and gave up. Here is one coat over L.A. Colors Black Velvet.




Sephora by OPI Lights, Glammer-a, Action!:

Lights, Glammer-a, Action is a clear top coat with small blue glitters and bigger silver glitters. This one didn't have any formula problems. I didn't think it was very unique though. I put it over L.A. Colors Black Velvet. Here is two coats over Black Velvet.




Sephora by OPI Beam Me Up, Hottie!:

Beam Me Up, Hottie is a clear top coat with some medium holographic silver glitters. First may I say, what is up with this name? *Giggles at how stupid it it* Second, the polish has like no glitters. When you look at the bottle, you will be like "Awee! Look at all that glitter" but no. Really I was lucky to get 2 or 3 on the brush. So I had to do some major digging. I guess its okay if you like subtle. The formula was good though, I'll give it that. Here is two coats *and lots of fishing* over NYC French Tip White.





Thanks for reading! I am super unimpressed with Sephora by OPI. I don't know if its just these polishes, but I did get four... What do you think? Let me know in the comments below! Have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm