Sunday, January 5, 2014

Nailing The Book: Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson


Speak

Hey. There are some books where I really need to do my nails based on the outside, because the inside is soo depressing. Here is my review, if you want to check it out.  That is where I had a problem with Speak. If you have read this book, you know what I mean. So then I was left to make some art out of the front cover. I mean the front cover itself isn't bad.
But making nail art out of it? Well that was a little difficult. I knew right away that I was going to do a tree somewhere, but then I was fresh out of ideas. 

I ended up with a tree (maybe?), a gradient like the leaves and some good old glitter to come to the rescue.




I used Elf Desert Haze, L.A. Colors Black Velvet and Elf Smokin' Hot for the tree. I drew it with a nail art pen and dabbed on some red to brighten it up!
The glitter is Elf Gina Girl. Its so beautiful!
For the gradient I used Elf Smokin' and Elf Mod Mauve.
I topped all of them of with Seche Vite top coat!




 Thanks for reading and have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm