Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Top 10 Books I Read in 2013

Hey everyone and a special welcome to my new Facebook likes! I got up and above100 likes to 115 yesterday thanks to the amazing blogger from Polish Luv! It made my New Year all right! Speaking of, I hope you all had a great 2013 and have an even better 2014!

I'm doing my first book post today! It's not a review but my top 10 books that I read in 2013! There were so many great ones! I had a super hard time just picking 10 but I managed. My favorites series' of 2013 (and of all time) are Vampire Academy and Bloodlines by Richelle Mead. She has an amazingly beautiful way to draw people into her books! I made myself only pick 2 books from each series or my list would be full of just her books.


The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4) 

This series captured my eye right away. I love all the charcters and the beautiful world that Mead makes. This is my favorite series of all time but this is my favorite book in the series. It was so suspenseful and filled with lots of romance (Which I love, as you will find out). Mead out did herself with this novel, in my opinion. 

2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #1)

Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1)

Okay, try not to judge this book by its cover. Yes, it does have vampires but its not the main story line at all. This series is my second favorite of all time. It has lots of action, forbidden romance, and drama (which is kind of my thing). You should make time to read this one for sure!


The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) 

I'm not really sure what I can do to give this series enough justice. I'm trying for no spoilers here so I'll try to explain why I love this one so much without spoilers. Someone's romance gets serious and that same person stands up for what she believes in. I know, bad choice of words. 

4. Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead (Vampire Academy #6)

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6)

This is the last book in the Vampire Academy series, and let me tell you, its intense. This is probably the best of the series. 

5. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare (Mortal Instruments #1)

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)

I think that I was totally out of whack, when decided that City of Bones would be 5th. I guess it makes some sense because this is my 3rd favorite series this year. City of Bones brings originality and bravery into a novel so much, it literally made me want to be braver myself. You know how they say that a novel can change your life? Well this is one of them for me. 


 This Song Will Save Your Life

This is one of those books that I can really, truly understand. Elise has never been "popular" and she goes on a mission to try to become popular. She has a break down at school and went home to kill herself but she never did and ended up calling someone. She ends up being a DJ for a club and it changes her life. The part that I can relate to so much is that music part of this book. Elise uses music like a handicap to get her threw hard times, just like I do. This is true and very well written.


The Perks of Being a Wallflower 

 “So, this is my life. And I want you to know that I am both happy and sad and I'm still trying to figure out how that could be.”
This book, holy crap. It's amazing. Original and completely beautiful and sad. Charlie is freshman and has a hard time in school. Then he meets Sam and Patrick and everything changes. This is an original take on a tragic teen story.


Speak

This is probably one of the most sad and well thought out books I have read. I feel for Melinda, I really do. This book probably almost beats my "I want to punch this character" record. Like no joke, I got so mad at a lot of characters but I still loved it.


Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) 

This is a twist on the classic paranormal genre. It was unique, beautiful, and very southern. Southern? Yes southern. They all talk in an accent and everybody knows everything about everyone in this town. I like how the main character is a guy for once. This book is unforgettable.


Willow 

This book is full of grief, sadness, and weirdly enough happiness. Willow "killed" her parents 7 months ago when she was driving in a car. Her parents had been to drunk to drive and now she lives with her brother. She is heart-broken until she meets Guy. Yes, he name is really Guy. But anyways, this book  is amazing in its own way.

And those are my favorite books that I read this 2013! Thanks for reading and have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to reading some of these books. I have been stuck on the hunger games trilogy ..have read it three+ times. I also loved the Divergent trilogy. I need to step outside of my comfort zone, because I can't find anymore good books on dystopia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Hunger Games trilogy as well. I read it last year, at least two times! I haven't read the Divergent trilogy yet, but the first book is waiting on my shelf! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh yeah! Thanks so much for the mention! I am glad that you are bringing something different into the polish world! Much love, hun!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm