Friday, January 10, 2014

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Nude Palette Swatches & Review

Hey guys! My first make up post huh? Yes! Well I got the Nude palette for Christmas and I must say that i'm pretty impressed. It is basically my go-to palette for every day. This is going to be SUPER picture heavy, so why don't we just get into it?

First of all, my I just say how adorable this packaging is? Its black and pink lace all around with a little cute pink bow on it! 

At first, I wasn't sure what to think about this brush. I don't use it that much, but I did find that the pointed part is great for filling in your crease and doing small details. But other than that, I just use a normal eyeshadow brush with these.

For my swatches, I am actually going right to left, starting with the lightest shade and ending with the darkest. Since they don't have names, I'm using numbers. Like I said above, 1 is the lightest shade of the right, then it goes in numerical order all the way up to 9! All of my swatches and dry and without primer. 


Number 1 is a light shimmery white. It looks very yellow in the packaging, but its really not. It has a little bit of a hint of yellow, but not much. 


Number two is a shimmery light copper. I really like this color, I also think that it works well with my eye color and skin tone!


Number 3 is a darker copper color. By darker I mean, darker than number 2. Its a pretty light shade. I like the color but the formula was a bit iffy. I thought it was a little flaky, but maybe that's just me.


In the palette number 4 looks like a light shimmery pink, but its really a light shimmery rose almost. I like this color but it is kind of weird, since it look nothing like I thought it would.


Number 5 is a dark dusty tan. Like the rest of the shades, it is very shimmery. I like it a lot, and I think it goes really well with blue eyes.


Number 6 is a dark shimmery brown with a hint of copper in it. I don't like this one on its own, but would be great in a smoky eye.


Number 7 is a light shimmery tan. This is probably my first of the palette. Its really pretty and subtle.


Number 8 is a dark shimmery brown. This is the darkest true brown in this palette. Just like number 6, I don't like it on its own, but I use it a lot in smoky eyes for my crease.


Number 9 is a shimmery brown. I honestly will probably never wear this. Not that I don't like it, its just not really my thing. But for what PF was trying to do here, they did a good job.

Overall thoughts?

I like a lot of these colors. It wasn't awful in the formula department, but it wasn't the best I have seen either. It does have a good formula for a drugstore product though. I got mine for around $10 and I think its a good deal. Its not perfect by any means, but if you are looking for a cheep UD Naked dupe, you got some here.

Thanks for reading and have a great day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm