Thursday, January 23, 2014

Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles #4) Book Review

Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia


The Beautiful Creatures was one of the books that I saw the movie before I read the book. I mean, come on? That movie was good when I saw it. Then I read the book and I realized that the movie was really pure crap. They changed so many things about it. That was where the obsession started.

The Caster Chronicles is original, intense, dark, and beautiful. I fell in love with the dark southern community the second I turned the first page. Which is why I am so sad that it ended.

Beautiful Redemption was really really heartbreaking. It seems like everybody in Gatlin (alive or dead) was sad in someway or another. That may be why it took so long for me to read it. Or maybe I just didn’t want it to end. But either way, this took at least a week for me to read.

Spoilers from here on, if you haven’t read Beautiful Chaos.

So Ethan is in the other world. He is a ghost and lives with his mom and he is depressed. Well yeah, he killed himself to save the world, but its not like he wanted too. He is happy to see his mom, but in the end he just wants to be with Lena. What a surprise right?

Back at Gatlin, everyone is just the same, depressed. Do you see a theme? Yup, e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e is depressed. Well except for his Dad, because nobody tells him that Ethan is dead. They have some back story. I honestly felt pretty bad for the dad. I get what they were trying to do, but I know I wouldn’t want it. If I was Ethan’s dad I would want to know that my kid was dead.

Ethan finds a way that he could possibility come back to live. What a surprise right? But he has to go through a lot to come back. It is a really entertaining read. It is action filled and we even get a look through Lena’s eyes for a few chapters. Lena’s poetry makes it even more interesting.

"surrounded by strangers who love me
(un)strangers made strange
by pain"

Literally, Beautiful Redemption is the perfect end to this series. I am so thrilled that Garcia and Stohl are coming out with a spin off series based on Link and Ridley, even though I’m not Ridley’s biggest fan by far, I will still probably read it. Anyways, MY EMOTIONS AREN’T UNDER CONTROL.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm