Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Birthday Haul: Part 1 Sally Hansen Odds and Ends

Hey guys! Sorry, it has been a bit since my last post. I have been super busy swatching all of my 20 polishes that I got for my birthday haul! It was a lot of work but super fun! I got some really pretty shades. I'm breaking the haul into 4 parts because I don't wanna get too photo heavy here. So the first part is the random Sally Hansen polishes that I got (odds and ends, get it?!). I bought all of these at big lots for a dollar a piece! I love big lots, they always have great deals on nail polish! So here are the polishes!


Sally Hansen Blue It:

Blue It is a bright shimmery blue! It is very pretty! I don't have anything like it but I have seen a few dupes at the store. It has a great formula if you use light strokes. It is almost a one coater, but not quite. Here is two coats without top coat.




Sally Hansen Green With Envy:

Green With Envy is a bright lime color. It is basically an exact dupe of Pure Ice's Wild Thing. The formula was good but a little thick, so use thin coats. Here is two thin coats!




Sally Hansen Grape Going:

Grape Going is a purple polish with very bright blue shimmer! I love this one! The shimmer is very pretty and I love this color combo! The formula is good too. The one problem I have with it is the brush. I hate the Insta-Dry brushes. They are way too big and put on way too much paint. But other than the brush (which I can overlook) I love this one. Here is two coats!




Sally Hansen Rock Candy:

Rock Candy is a clear base with lots of different color glitters. This one is very very subtle. Almost to subtle. I kind of wish it had more glitter in it. But that is my only problem with it! Here is two coats over all of the above polishes.




Overall I like these polishes. My favorite is Grape Going! and my least favorite is Rock Candy. All of Sally Hansen's polishes are thick so it is best to use thin coats when applying.

Prices:
Xtreme Wear: $3.00
Hard as Nails: $2.00
Insta-Dry: $3.00
*Prices depend on where you go, these are just estimates*

So what do you think? Which ones are you favorites? Let me know in the comments! I might have another post up today with part 2!

1 comment:

  1. I like the grape. but I have to admit I love that color blue! it's a very....regal looking blue

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm