Friday, December 13, 2013

Birthday Haul: Part 4 Sally Beauty Supply & Target

Hey guys! Today has been.... interesting. Friday the 13th came to bit me in the ass. I almost cut my finger, slammed my same finger in a door, and almost started a fire in my house. I left the microwave on for 40 minutes with pasta in it. Yeah, thats one of those moments where you kinda want to just go back to bed.

I have the last of the birthday haul swatches for you today! I got Seche Vite Top Coat, a clean up brush, OPI Nail Envy, Sally Girl Brainy, and Cover Girl Rogue Red.


Seche Vite Thoughts:

I was expecting A LOT more from this top coat. Its not bad but from hearing all about how great it is and how everyone uses it, it surprised me. Yes, it dried super fast. Like probably in a minute or two. My nails felt really smooth and slick with it. I'm just sad because it pulls the nail polish up from the tips of my nails. Other people probably can't see it, but I can and it annoys the crap out of me. I'm not really sure if I will buy it again or not.

OPI Nail Envy:

I have heard so much about Nail Envy. People basically bow down to this product and now I understand. My nails have always be very prone to breakage and stains. It seems like every time I get my nails to the right size, they break. It has made me mad for a while, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend $16 on this stuff. So when I got a Sally Beauty Supply gift card for my birthday, I jumped at the chance.

This stuff is amazing. I have been wearing it as a base coat for about a week now and holy crap. My nails already look a lot better. I will have pictures of before and after next week! I jammed my nails into my desk on day 3. I could have been sure that at least one nail would break, but they didn't! I'm super happy with this! Here are my before pics and a pic of about a week in!

Before

As you can see, my nails look REALLY BAD. I had stains every where and they are mostly gone now. My nails are a lot stronger and never break. Its only been a week!


See! Its already been a week and you can totally see the difference. Plus my nails have been growing like crazy. I had to file them twice this week.

Sally Girl Brainy:

Brainy is a glitter with small teal glitter and bigger blue glitters. It is basically a complete dupe of Deborah Lippmann Mermaid's Dream. It has a lot of problems though. I thought you could maybe wear this one alone, but you can't I tried up to 5 coats then just ended up putting it over Essie Turquoise & Caicos. It is still super pretty. Here is 2 coats over Essie Turquoise & Caicos.




Cover Girl Rouge Red:

Rouge Red is part of the Catching Fire collection and is a shimmery red orange. It is sooo beautiful. This polish probably makes my top ten for this year. I love it, it looks so much like fire. The formula is great too and goes on in two coats. Here is two coats with top coat.




So that is it for my birthday haul! I got close to twenty polishes! I'm really happy with most of them. What do you think of these? Were you disappointed in Seche Vite too? Let me know in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. nice haul! I used to have problems with SV shrinking but since I started wrapping my tips that seems to have solved it, not sure if you do this or not :)...I really like Brainy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I don't do that. Maybe I'll try it out! Thanks :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm