Thursday, December 5, 2013

Nail Polish Swap with my Cousin and Swatches

Hey everyone! This post is about my nail polish swap with my cousin Haley. She isn't crazy about nail polish really, she has like 30 bottles I think. But when she came up last weekend she brought them and we traded the ones we didn't like from our collection with each other! Since this is going to be a pretty picture heavy post, I'm just going to get right in it!

In the trade I got MM no name, NYC Side walkers, Wet n Wild Mixing It Up, Pure Ice Excuse Me, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Posh Plum, Salon Perfect Kaboom, Pure Ice Beware, and Pure Ice Rescue Me. In return I gave her Fingr's no name, Fingr's No Time Like Iridescence, L.A. Colors Splash, L.A. Colors Transformer, NYC Cashmere Cream, NYC Chelsea, Sinful Colors Love Nails, and Sally Hansen No Hard Feelings. Here are all the polishes that I got.

MM Pink (no name):

MM Pink is a jelly pink that can't stand on its own. I like the color but its not very original. The formula is good. I put on 3 coats here, but if I was you I would put it over white.




NYC Side Walkers:

Side Walkers is a grey creme. I actually really like this one! Its grey but it has more depth to it then normal grey cremes. The formula was great too! Here is 2 coats.




Wet n Wild Mixing It Up:

Mixing It Up is a clear top coat with square pink, black, and blue glitter and circle black, gold, and blue glitter. This one is probably my favorite of the bunch! It dries matte. Here is one coat over NYC Side Walkers.



With top coat:

Pure Ice Excuse Me:

Excuse Me is a shimmery bright yellow. I like this colors a lot but the formula is kind of iffy. It dries very slowly and moves around on the nail a lot. Here is two coats of Excuse Me.




Pure Ice Beware:

Beware is a champagne silvery foil. It surprised me honestly. I thought it would be okay, but I love it! It is one of my favorites! The formula is great. You can wear it alone in 3 coats, like I did here.




Pure Ice Rescue Me:

Rescue Me is a shear green with blue sparkles in it. This one can not go on its own. I tried with many, many coats. The formula isn't great either but I think that its a good topper for green polish! I put it over Pure Ice Wild Thing here.



Sally Hansen Posh Plum:

Posh Plum is a shimmery purple with a hint of pink! I really like this one. Its from the Xtreme Wear collection (which happens to be one of my favorite collections). There wasn't anything bad about the formula of this polish! Here is 2 coats without top coat.





So what do you guys think? Have you ever done a nail polish swap? Let me know in the comments!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 A Polished Bookworm